Gallbladder Disease in Denver, CO
Ready to Consult a GI Physician?Find a Provider
What is gallbladder disease?
Located in the upper abdomen, the gallbladder stores, and releases bile to help with digestion. The term gallbladder disease refers to a collection of issues and disorders that negatively impact the gallbladder. These issues include:
- Acalculous gallbladder disease: When the gallbladder develops inflammation without the presence of gallstones.
- Choledocholithiasis: A condition where a gallstone is trapped in the exit way of the gallbladder. If this occurs, the gallbladder might become inflamed.
- Gallstones: Solid particles that can block the path to the gallbladder and bile ducts.
- Sclerosing cholangitis: Ongoing inflammation and damage to the bile duct system that causes scar tissue to form.
- Cholecystitis: An inflammation of the gallbladder that is frequently the result of gallstones. Over time, the gallbladder can decrease in size and lose its capacity to excrete bile.
- Biliary dyskinesia: A decreased functionality of the gallbladder
In the event you experience a gallbladder concern like any of those listed above, you should have an experienced gastroenterology provider guide you through your care. At Colorado Gastroenterology, we can provide the care you seek. To find care for gallbladder disease in Denver, CO, please contact a location near you today to request an appointment.
What causes gallbladder disease?
Most gallbladder issues come from the development of gallstones. Gallstones are formed when cholesterol and other substances located in liver bile coagulate and form hard, stone-like pieces. You might also have tumors that prevent the bile from emptying appropriately, blood vessel issues, or an infection. Regardless of the reason behind gallbladder disease, you can find experienced care at a Colorado Gastroenterology location in your community. Our team can assess your gallbladder condition and help you determine the appropriate option for care.
What are the common symptoms of gallbladder disease?
Common indicators and symptoms of gallbladder disease can include:
- Abdomen tender to the touch
- Feeling nauseous
- Pain that spreads to your back or right shoulder
- Intense abdominal discomfort, particularly in your center or upper right portion of the abdomen
If you notice one or more of the GI symptoms mentioned above, contact a Colorado Gastroenterology provider without delay to request an appointment.
How is gallbladder disease treated?
The optimal way to minimize the chance of gallstones and gallbladder disease-related conditions is to ensure you stay a healthy weight, decrease your weight progressively if needed, and adopt a healthy way of life. Several gallbladder diseases can be identified through a simple ultrasound. In some cases, your practitioner may order further images, such as a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) or computed tomography (CT) scan. When treatment for gallbladder disease is needed, possible treatments include:
- Cholecystectomy (gallbladder removal)
- Pain medications
- Fasting (to allow an inflamed gallbladder to rest and decrease inflammation)
- Medications to dissolve gallstones
If you or a loved one are seeking treatment for gallbladder disease in Denver, CO, we can help you investigate your options.
Cutting-edge care for gallbladder disease
Gallbladder conditions, such as cholecystitis, gallstones, and biliary dyskinesia, can be diagnosed and managed by a skilled gastroenterology provider with Colorado Gastroenterology. Should you experience worrisome symptoms involving your digestive tract, then it is essential for you to partner with a GI provider near you promptly so that you can be evaluated for problems such as gallbladder disease. As a physician-led network of GI providers, we are well-equipped with modern, innovative treatment solutions for individuals with gallbladder disease. To find a skilled gastroenterologist who offers care for gallbladder disease in Denver, CO, contact a location near you today.
Dr Rufner is very knowledgeable and professional. He offered great insight, and was very detailed.
I felt reassured after the visit and had all of my questions answered.
Dr Rufner takes time to carefully explain about your condition. He is very knowledgeable and compassionate!! I highly recommend him!!
Dr Brenner had good advice for me. And she was nice.
Very good, positive experience.